Re: Maximum buffer size exceeded

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Maximum buffer size exceeded
Date: 06 May 2004 00:56:50 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> In other words, there's the best tool for every job, and Emacs (nor
> vim) is not the one for this job.

Especially for occasional tasks, people usually don't _want_ to use the
`best' tool, they want to use something that's `good enough' and
familiar.  E.g., I very often used emacs to edit executable files even
though I had to waste time being very careful not to screw anything up
(this was before hexl of course).

For many of us, emacs is what's familiar, and we'd like to use it even
when it's not optimal... :-/

-Miles
--
Would you like fries with that?