Re: Hardcopy of selected sections Emacs info

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Hardcopy of selected sections Emacs info
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:17:56 +0200

Mathias Dahl <brakjoller@hotmail.com> writes:

> Speaking of printing, is there a way for emacs to print to a file
> which I can later on open in some postscript capable program and
> print from there. We have no postscript printer at work.

ps-print-buffer is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `ps-print'.
It is bound to <menu-bar> <files> <ps-print-buffer>.
(ps-print-buffer &optional filename)

Generate and print a PostScript image of the buffer.

Interactively, when you use a prefix argument (C-u), the command prompts the
user for a file name, and saves the PostScript image in that file instead of
sending it to the printer.

Noninteractively, the argument filename is treated as follows: if it is nil,
send the image to the printer.  If filename is a string, save the PostScript
image in a file with that name.

[back]