Re: expand/collapse latex section under speedbar ?

From: Eric Ludlam
Subject: Re: expand/collapse latex section under speedbar ?
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:03:46 -0400

For LaTeX, it is unlikely you would want to write a full parser.  You
probably want to do the same thing as the texinfo parser, which is to
use regular expressions to search for the sections you want, and then
sort them into a hierarchy.

Because it would be a free-form parser, there are few rules.  I
recommend starting with the version of semantic in the latest cedet
beta for best future compatibility, and copy the texinfo parser into a
latex parser, then change the regular expressions.  That was how I
made the html parser in only an hour or two.  This would give you the
advantage of having all the logic and boiler plate for hooking things
together complete before you start writing the regular expressions.

Eric

--
Eric Ludlam                     The MathWorks x 7556 eludlam@mathworks.com
http://www.siege-engine.com                          http://www.mathworks.com