Enhanced Carbon TeX-run-LateX

From: Tom Dye
Subject: Enhanced Carbon TeX-run-LateX
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 22:29:36 -0000

Aloha emacs masters,

I'm setting up the Enhanced Carbon emacs on several new iMacs, mostly to
run LaTeX.  When I run the TeX-run-Latex function, tcsh claims it can't
find latex.  I use the bash shell for all the user accounts, and a "which
latex" command finds the latex binary just fine.  From the bash prompt I
launched tcsh, and a "which latex" there found the latex binary, too,
which leads me to believe that tcsh can see the latex binary (unless it
was retrieving this info through bash?)

How can I solve this problem?  Do I have to install a .cshrc file to
direct tcsh to the latex binary?  Or, is there an easy way to have emacs
send the latex command to the bash shell instead?

Many thanks for your help.

Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye