Re: pcl-cvs wrong status output

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: pcl-cvs wrong status output
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:06:15 GMT

> on running cvs-status I get the following output:
> can someone explain me what is wrong?
> of cource there is far more pngs in the examined directory.

I suspect you're accessing your repository via SSH and your machine is
running GNU/Linux (or maybe MacOS X).  There is a known bug in CVS+SSH+libc
which means that sometimes some of the data gets lost (which in turn causes
PCL-CVS to not recognize it).  It depends on the libc, apparently.  GNU libc
and MacOS X's libc are known to trigger the problem.

If it sounds like your problem, then try to use:

   % export CVS_RSH=~/bin/ssh-cvs
   % cat ~/bin/ssh-cvs
   #!/bin/sh
   (ssh "$@" 2>&1 1>&3 | cat) 3>&1 1>&2
   %

this should fix it.  If it does, please report the bug to CVS and SSH and
GNU libc, to remind them that it still needs fixing (it's unclear whose bug
it is).

        Stefan