Re: Emacs crashes when I open a .cpp.file

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Emacs crashes when I open a .cpp.file
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:47:46 +0000

William Payne <mikas493_no_spam@student.liu.se> wrote on Wed, 11 Aug 2004
22:40:51 +0200:

> Hello, emacs crashes when I open a cpp-file (haven't tried with any other
> files that trigger my c++ language hook). The following message is displayed
> in the console:
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.

> [1]+  Exit 3                  emacs read_directory.cpp

> I thought that it might be a problem with CC-Mode so I installed the latest
> stable version (5.30.9), but Emacs still crashes. Is there anything I can do
> to track down and maybe solve/work around this error?

> I am using the developement version of Emacs, just checked out from the CVS.

CC Mode 5.30.9 is a stable release version, but it's only just been
released in the last few days, so there might conceivably be a problem
with it.

Could you possibly try the thing again with a stable Emacs (say, 21.3)?
That would at least narrow down where the problem is.

Bear in mind that the latest Emacs CVS is not intended to be a stable
production program.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter