Re: Thinking of Converting to EShell - Opinions?

From: FCC
Subject: Re: Thinking of Converting to EShell - Opinions?
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:36:39 +0200

Kai Grossjohann articulated on 8/18/2004 10:21 AM:
> "Tennis Smith" <tennis_smith@yahoo-remove-to-reply.com> writes:
>

>>I've used tcsh for years. But it looks like the eshell is finally mature
>>enough to be a good alternative.  Is it? Can you use it on a daily basis
>>without having to switch back? Is the conversion worth the effort?
>

> AFAICT, eshell has always been "mature" in the sense that the software
> was working well.  There is, however, a documentation problem.  The
> Emacs Wiki (www.emacswiki.org) has a great section on Eshell.  Perhaps
> that is good enough for you?

I think, for Eshell documentation, may be the best source is at the
author's web site (the link for English version of Eshell documentation
at www.emacswiki.org is broken, but the Japanese version is still working):

http://www.newartisans.com/johnw/EshellFeatures.html

--
FCC.