Re: date discrepancies

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: date discrepancies
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 19:29:33 GMT

> to send the date command to the shell, I get a different time and time zone
> that I get from running the command on a standard bash shell. I have set my

Your timezone is set in one of the shell's startup file, but your Emacs is
started by something which hasn't read those files.
It's a classic problem when starting Emacs from a menu in your
window-manager.

Complain to your distribution about it.  Only loud recurring complaints will
have a chance of fixing those problem (which have been known for decades,
literally).

        Stefan