Re: running emacs without installing

From: Kin Cho
Subject: Re: running emacs without installing
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:32:44 -0700

Kai,

Thanks for the pointers, but I still couldn't get it to work.

I set EMACSDATA to the value of data-directory on machine Y (with
normal emacs installation) relative to machine X, and EMACSPATH
to point at the site-lisp dir relative to machine X.

Warning: arch-dependent data dir
(/usr/local/libexec/emacs/21.3/i686-pc-linux-gnu/) does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/usr/local/share/emacs/21.3/site-lisp' does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp' does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/usr/local/share/emacs/21.3/leim' does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/usr/local/share/emacs/21.3/lisp' does not exist.
Cannot open load file: term/x-win

I see this string _EMACS_INTERNAL in the emacs executable, but
don't see documentation for it.  Could this be used somehow?

-kin