Re: Fontification with a specific function

From: joao
Subject: Re: Fontification with a specific function
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:27:13 +0200

Oliver Scholz <alkibiades@gmx.de> writes:

> Joakim Hove <hove@ift.uib.no> writes:
> [function using `re-search-forward'.]
>
>> Hence, the match data is automatically set by the (re-search-forward
>> ) function, you don't have to do that.

Yes, that's simple enough... but the problem is, my search criteria
here are not purely syntactical, if they were, then I could've used the
other, more usual forms of fontification. Maybe I mix : search with the
regexp functions, then apply my own criteria on top of the match...

> Note that you can also set the match-data explicetly with
> `set-match-data'.  See (info "(elisp)Entire Match Data").

This sounds more promising, I'll look into this.

Thank you, Joakim, Oliver.

Joao