Re: emacs for everything?

From: Maciek Pasternacki
Subject: Re: emacs for everything?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:33:56 +0100

On Prickle-Prickle, The Aftermath 37, 3170 YOLD, Leonardo Boiko wrote:

>> I use XKB though to switch my Caps Lock and left Ctrl key (like Sun
>> keyboards have) -- this one I found in docs. ;) In Emacs it makes
>> *big* difference.
>
> Who needs Caps Lock anyway? Instead of switching, I just bind it as
> another Control.  Then, if by reflex I use the old Control, it's still a
> Control.

Caps lock is sometimes useful.  E.G when typing SQL or Lisp code --
I don't like to have to hold shift when typing keywords (well, maybe
I could do Emacs tricks like `turn preceding n words to
uppercase'... well... *click* C-h i g (emacs)...).  While both these
languages are case-insensitive so I could just use lowercase, I prefer
to stay consistent wrt style with code written by respective language
gurus.

--
__    Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp@japhy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org/ ]
`| _   |_\  / { ...Read some Kerouac and it put me on the tracks