Re: blank cells in ses range

From: rb
Subject: Re: blank cells in ses range
Date: 27 Nov 2004 16:49:14 -0500

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> rb <rb@panix.com> wrote on 26 Nov 2004 16:11:39 -0500:
> > What I would like is the sum of, say, Column "E", which has rows 1 -
> > 10, of which approx. half are empty.

> > 1       41
> > 2       11
> > 3
> > 4       9
> > 5
> > 6       20
> > 7
> > 8
> > 9       15
> > 10      96
>
> > What I would like is for E10 to be (apply '+ (ses-range E1 E9)), with
> > the empty cells simply eliminated from the calculation. I can't figure
> > out how to make (ses+ &rest ARGS) work with the range calculation.
>
> > Thanks very much for any help,
>
> Does it have to be an Emacs solution?

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, though, I am trying to figure out how
to make this work within ses/emacs. The example was extracted from what
would be a much more extensive spreadsheet. My workaround is to
specifically list all the cells: (ses+ E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6 E7 E8 E9)
works, but I would like to find a way to exclude the empty cells from an
ses-range. I believe this is meant to be possible, I simply fail to
understand how to go about it.

Thanks again,

rb