RMAIL breaks in 21.3

From: kgold
Subject: RMAIL breaks in 21.3
Date: 26 Jan 2005 21:23:33 GMT

(I thought I'd give 21.3 another try.)

When I edit my RMAIL file and type 'g' to get new mail, I get this in
the messages file:

        Getting mail from /var/spool/mail/kgold...
        movemail: Permission denied for lock file

A google search speaks about recompiling movemail, running it suid,
etc.  This is a centrally administered system, so I can't change
shared resources.

RMAIL works fine with 20.7.  Is there a user level (not root) fix for
21.3?  Any other suggestions?  Or do I freeze at 20.7 for a while
longer?