Re: Gnome scrollbar?

From: Gary Lawrence Murphy
Subject: Re: Gnome scrollbar?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:21:26 -0500

    >> ...  Now if only there was some clever hack way to
    >> embed an emacsclient as a replacement for all the textarea form
    >> widgets in Mozilla, my life would be complete.

    D> The MozEx extension is supposed to do that.  But is appears
    D> only available for Mozilla 0.9.

No freakin' way!  Really??? And I /missed/ it???

all may not be lost ... there's an article on Newsforge that suggests
MozEx may still be compatible, at least with FF 1.0PR ...

http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/10/12/1644203

    One caveat: mozex has not yet been updated to fully support
    Firefox version 1.0PR or above. This means that you have to
    hand-edit your Firefox preferences file before you run it.

the article explains how to use this to intercept mail links, but
the same method may also work for other text areas.

And maybe that means it will work with Mozilla 1.7 too; FF is way too
much of a resource hog for my old machines to carry.

thanks for the tip!

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@teledyn.com> ==============================
www.teledyn.com - blog.teledyn.com - irish.teledyn.com - sbp.teledyn.com