Re: 2-key prefix and Invalid Prefix keys in sequence

From: John Paul Wallington
Subject: Re: 2-key prefix and Invalid Prefix keys in sequence
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:10:41 +0000

Tim Johnson wrote:

> I agree. I find the appropos regex service wonderful for looking up
> documentation. I haven't found a similar regex feature for 'info.
> Is there one?

There is i runs the command `Info-index' which looks up a string topic
in the index.  Although it doesn't take a regexp it does fuzzy
matching if there isn't an exact match.  There is also s runs the
command `Info-search' which searches for a regexp.

Also, there is a new command in the development sources called
`info-apropos' that searches the indices of all the Info files on
your system for a string and builds a menu of matches.