Re: I can not install ECB correctly

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: I can not install ECB correctly
Date: 18 Mar 2005 19:05:45 +0100

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, zhengda1936@sina.com wrote:

>  I have installed ECB.
>
>  Now I can activate ecb, but after activating it, the method window can not
>  show the tag of a source file.
>
>  And I do not know what is the problem.
>
>  I install ECB as follow:
>
>  1.I download ecb, sematic, eieio, speedbar, extract them, and put them in
>  /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp.
>
>  2.I byte compile ecb£¬and write
>
>   (require 'ecb)
>
>   (setq semantic-load-turn-everything-on t)
>
>   (require 'semantic-load)
>
>   (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp")
>
>  in the .emacs.
>
>  Now I can activate ECB without any error, and these windows ECB created
>  appear. But the problem is that when I open a .c file, the tags of the file
>  do not show in method window. Instead there is an error showed in the
>  minibuffer, and the error is as follow:
>
>   Invaild function: (macro lambda (token) "retrieve from TOKEN the token
>   identifier.
>
>   ie,the symbo 'variable, 'function, 'type, or other." (\' (nth 1 (\,
>   token))))

probably you have not correctly byte-compiled ECB /and/or the cedet-tools
(semantic etc.).

Please send a full problem-report with `ecb-submit-problem-report' to the
ECB-mailing-list. This gives me a lot of hints about your setup and
environment which is important to know...

Also important to know is "how you have byte-compiled ECB", i.e. with the
attached Makefile or with the command `ecb-byte-compile'....

Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl                    mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG                         http://www.sdm.de