Re: turning off underlining, bold, all faces

From: Sean Richards
Subject: Re: turning off underlining, bold, all faces
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:07:39 +1200

karl@freefriends.org (Karl Berry) writes:

> I mostly use Emacs (21.3) in tty mode.  I've tried various terminal
> types, makes no apparent difference; currently using "xterm-color" for
> no real reason.  I would like to turn off all faces, i.e., underlining,
> bold, and other such "enhancements".  (I already don't have color,
> despite the terminal type, and I'm happy about that.)

I use the following elisp to turn off bold faces

(defun unbold-all-faces ()
  "Clear the `bold' flag from all faces."
  (interactive)
  (dolist (f (face-list))
    (if (face-bold-p f) (set-face-bold-p f nil))))

(add-hook 'font-lock-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (unbold-all-faces)))

You could expand this for underline, etc. I found this in gnu.emacs.help a
few years ago, here is the Message ID of the original posting

87sn1x5clv.fsf@shadizar.dyndns.org

Cheers,  Sean

--
"Hver sin smak", sa vintapperen, han drakk mens de andre sloss."