Re: Disable auto-save-mode in .emacs

From: Greg Rowe
Subject: Re: Disable auto-save-mode in .emacs
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:49:45 -0400

JS wrote:
I know I can just press M-x auto-save-mode when I enter emacs. But is it
possible to write something in my .emacs file so I auto-save-mode always is
turned off in all buffers?

Yes.  The following should do what you are requesting:

(setq auto-save-default nil)

BTW, I came to this answer by running M-x apropos auto-save. The manual for emacs is pretty good and the apropos command is a life saver for all things emacs. :)

Greg

--
Home is where the .bashrc is.