help with view-less mode

From: Charlie Sears
Subject: help with view-less mode
Date: 18 Apr 2005 13:18:20 CST

Newbie question:  My hope is to replace less with emacs, so I want users to
be able to start emacs from the command line, have it view a file using the
view-less mode, and have it exit when q is pressed.  (This is to get around
the bug in less that prevents the search function from finding any text on
a line beginning with a null character.)

Here is what I have tried, and the errors I get:

$ emacs -nw -f "view-file"
Wrong number of arguments

$ emacs -nw -f "view-file file"
Symbol's function definition is void: view-file\ file

$ emacs -nw -f "view-file 'file"
Symbol's function definition is void: view-file\ \'file

$ emacs -nw -f "view-less"
Symbol's function definition is void: view-less

$ emacs -nw -f "view-less file"
Symbol's function definition is void: view-less\ file

Any help or suggestions where to look would be appreciated.