Re: setting up gnus

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: setting up gnus
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:51:37 +0200

On Tue, Apr 26 2005, ken wrote:

[ A lot. ]
> So that's what I'd like gnus to do.  As said above, I tried M-x
> customize and that's far too cryptic to be of use to me.  I've also
> consulted Info, the Emacs manual, the emacswiki, and several other
> webpages,

You didn't mention the Gnus manuals:

(info "(gnus)Frequently Asked Questions")
(info "(gnus)[3.8]")  --> mail with Gnus
(info "(gnus)Top")
(info "(gnus)Mail in a Newsreader")

> all to no avail.

"no avail" isn't helpful to find out what your tried and what
happened.  Maybe you should read
<URL:http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>.

I didn't read all of your message in detail because it is so long, but
AFAICS everything you describe can de done in Gnus.  In case of
specific questions (your big "what I'd like to do" list is much too
long: I'd recommend to put only each problem in a separate message)
you should ask on gnu.emacs.gnus instead of gnu.emacs.help.

HTH.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,