Re: copy/paste to/from emacs

From: Charles philip Chan
Subject: Re: copy/paste to/from emacs
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:47:53 -0400

On 22 Jul 2005, vddr2u@bi.edu.gr wrote:

Marc Tfardy wrote: > Baloff wrote: >

> using Linux, marking the text with mouse in emacs then go to say AbiWord
> and paste does not paste the text. I don't think it is even in the
> clipboard.

Of course it is not in the clipboard because it is in the "primary
selection". To paste it use middle mouse button. Please read this:

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:mxpINQc8-FkJ:www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html+emacs+primary+selection&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Charles

--
"Open Standards, Open Documents, and Open Source"

  -- Scott Bradner (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)