Re: set mark and point around current line

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: set mark and point around current line
Date: 24 Jul 2005 15:35:58 +1000

Baloff <vddr2u@bi.edu.gr> writes:

> Hello
> how can I find out what is the command to do somthing.
> say I want to select "highlight" the current line to copy it to
> another window.
> do I (Set the mark and point around the current line) > M-w > change
> window > C-y?
> and btw, when you have many windows open, aren't they numbered so that
> you can issue a command to go to a spacific window instead of what I
> am doing C-x o and watch the pointer move randomly till it gets to the
> window of my choice.

to find out about what commands are available try apropos. You have a
few variants -

M-x apropos
M-x apropos-command
M-x apropos-variable
C-h a apropos (simple)

The help facility has a lot of useful information. For example, to ind
out what you can do with C-x o command, try C-h k, which calls the
describe-key command e.g.

,----[ C-h k C-x o ]

`----

--