Re: {}-block matching in minibuffer

From: Marc Tfardy
Subject: Re: {}-block matching in minibuffer
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:58:07 +0200

Johan Bockgård wrote:
Marc Tfardy <m-t-o___CUT_IT___@web.de> writes:

I use c-mode often and I have often very long if-blocks, so when I
close if-block with '}' I can't see the flashing beginnig-} because
it is not visible on the screen. I know, there ist a method to say
Emacs, it should display the line with beginning-{ in minibufer when
I close the block, but I don't know how. Could someone give me one
hint? Thanks!

Hint: The same question was asked here (gnu.emacs.help) 3 days ago.

Thanks for this hint! I found thread you mean ("matching
parenthesis").
In my emacs (21.3.1) directory was no file mic-paren.el, so I downloaded
it from http://user.it.uu.se/~mic/emacs.html and everything works fine!
Thanks again!
Which surprises me - many years ago this matching parenthesis over
screen limits is allready functioned and I had nothing to install.
Strangely...

regards

Marc