Re: auctex type a large 'E' problem

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: auctex type a large 'E' problem
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 15:50:36 +0200

Fabian Braennstroem <fab@ddorf.de> writes:

> for a while now,  I am having a strange problem typing a
> large 'E' in LaTeX-mode with auctex. Typing it,
> auctex/emacs is waiting for a next keystroke; it acts like
> the Meta key, but without any bound actions.
>
> 'C-h-k' waits until there is a second keystroke to say,
> e.g.: E RET is undefined
>
> In Bibtex-mode there is no problem. As far as I remember I
> didn't change any keysettings on purpose and now, I am not
> able to find any customization in my emacs-config.
>
> Maybe, one of you know where I should take a look at!?
> Hope, it is not to stupid...

Well, you most likely have some key sequence assigned to "\E-x" or
similar (\E is not escape, but just an ordinary E!).  To figure out
what assignment this could be, type

E C-h

and you should get a list of possible "completions".  And don't forget
to post your _full_ findings here in order to satisfy everybody's
curiosity.