Re: Newbie: Copy&paste text from native application into emacs?

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Newbie: Copy&paste text from native application into emacs?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:54:41 +0200

francisrammeloo@hotmail.com writes:
> I'm very new to emacs and I wonder how I can copy some text from my
> webbrowser into an emacs buffer?
>
> (I use GNU Emacs on Mac OS X )

To paste is called yank in emacs.

So normally you copy or cut as usual in MacOSX, then you switch to
emacs and type: C-y  to paste.

(To copy is called kill-ring-save M-w and to cut is called kill-region
C-w, but if you use emacs on X, then everytime you select (mark) a
region, it's automatically "copied").

Until real software engineering is developed, the next best practice
is to develop with a dynamic system that has extreme late binding in
all aspects. The first system to really do this in an important way
is Lisp. -- Alan Kay