Re: key binding with windows and menu keys

From: Angelina Carlton
Subject: Re: key binding with windows and menu keys
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 01:41:38 -0400

Tyler <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> writes:
> Thanks again for the help, and if anyone knows another way to get at
> the windows key...

I asked in irc about this and for me, on Debian unstable this works:

run xkbprint :0.0 /tmp/o.ps
this makes a diagram of your layout

gv /tmp/o.ps
take a look at what the keys are, my left logo key is F13 key 115,
my right logo key is Super_R key 116

so the command:
xmodmap -e "keycode 115 = F13" enables the left logo key
(i placed this command in my xfce4 start up script)

Then in my .emacs

;; Jump to other window
(global-set-key [(f13)] 'other-window)

hopefully that works for you too.