using ebrowse with C code

From: funkyj
Subject: using ebrowse with C code
Date: 14 Sep 2005 17:34:22 -0700

first, I'm using emacs 21.3 and the code base I'm working on is written
in C.

Glancing over the new (to me) Ebrowse documentation it looks as if
Ebrowse is quite a bit more powerful than the old etags package.  I'd
like to have the class (struct and typedef) browsing and completion
facilities on typedef names and struct membernames.  The Ebrowse
documentation doesn't appear to talk about how ebrowse might be used to
improve the C language experience...

Is is possible to use ebrowse (or etags for that matter) to provide
more powerful browsing and manipulation of C code?

Am I better off sticking with etags and, perhaps, speedbar?

curiously yours,
  --jfc