Re: gdb-mode hangs in OS X

From: Michael Lee
Subject: Re: gdb-mode hangs in OS X
Date: 22 Sep 2005 14:14:00 -0700

I had been using a prebuilt version of emacs (not Aquamacs) that
reported itself as being version 22.0.50.1.  I subsequently built and
installed from CVS source and, while gdb-enable-debug-log worked,
gdb-mode itself still wasn't fixed.  I'd keep getting dropped to the
(gdb) prompt, everything looked fine, but then after typing a command
the thing would just hang.

Then, on a hunch, I turned off viper mode (I forgot to mention I was
using it), and everything started working just fine!  Is this a known
issue with viper?  (Note: using C-z to enter emacs mode temporarily
didn't fix the problem, nor did M-x viper-go-away --- I had to actually
disable it and restart emacs)