RE: How can I kill these buffers automatically (Woman-log Completions)

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How can I kill these buffers automatically (Woman-log Completions)
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 09:26:16 -0700

    >>  (setq remove-help-window t)
    > I don't see such a variable in my Emacs.  Where did you hear about it?

    Yes I dont know where I got that from and have removed it.

It's not pertinent to your question/problem, but I suspect you might have
got it from someone's .emacs who uses my Emacs-20 (only) library help+.el. I
define this function in that library:

(defsubst remove-help-window ()
  "If called from `help-for-help', remove display of help window."
  (when (and (eq 'help-for-help this-command)
             (fboundp 'remove-windows-on)) ; Defined in `frame-cmds.el'.
    (remove-windows-on "*Help*")))

Command `remove-windows-on', in turn, removes all windows showing its buffer
argument, from all frames showing it.

Eli is correct that `remove-help-window' removes only windows, not buffers.