Re: Configuring asm-mode

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Configuring asm-mode
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:04:57 +0100

Kenneth Jacker <khj@be.cs.appstate.edu> writes:

> It appears that the only aspect of 'asm-mode' that is easy to
> configure is the "comment character".

only the comment character is easy to "customize".  the other handful of
variables can be set directly (w/ `setq'), which is relatively easy to do
in your ~/.emacs or a file loaded from there.

> How might I change the default comment and indentation rules?
> Is my only option to modify or override what's in the "asm-mode.el"?

it all depends on what kinds of changes you want to make.

perhaps you can post a fragment of the assembly code, a description of
the current (mis)behavior when editing this code, and a description of
the desired behavior.  it will be easier for people to understand (and
perhaps answer) your questions w/ this detailed information.  otherwise,
the only immediate answer is "everything is possible depending on how
much effort or funding you put into it", and you probably already knew
that.

thi