Re: rmail: dealing with mailing lists ?

From: Bill Wohler
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:31:55 -0800

Raimund.Kohl@nabuli.de wrote:

> Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> wrote:
>

> > Or procmail.
> >
> > I use both MH-E (http://mh-e.sf.net/) and Gnus myself.
>
> Somewhere I read that procmail doesn't work perfectly with mh-e
> ... wrong?  AFAIK it is said that the indexing doesn't work - therefor I
> never used procmail.

I think you meant "locking" instead of "indexing."

I use procmail locking to keep multiple copies of rcvstore from stepping
on each other and rely on rcvstore to keep from stepping on invocations
of MH from the command line. For example:

  :0 w: mh-e$LOCKEXT
  * ^From mh-e-(announce|devel|users)-admin@lists.sourceforge.net
  | bwrcvstore -create +lists/mh-e

If it isn't "perfect", it's good enough. I haven't noticed any mail
getting clobbered in the nearly 20 years I've been using this.

I've attached the bwrcvstore script.