Re: change to try-completion behavior in 21.3?

From: Anselm Helbig
Subject: Re: change to try-completion behavior in 21.3?
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:22:17 +0100

At 15 Dec 2005 18:32:42 -0800,
bigfaceworm@gmail.com wrote:

> My company has some RedHat systems (32 bit) and some 64-bit Suse
> systems.
> The Emacs on the two is behaving differently, and
>
> 64-bit version: 21.3.50.1
> 32-bit version: 21.3.1

Hi!

The version of emacs on your 64-bit machine is an old cvs version,
i.e., older than february 6th 2005, when 21.4 was released (which was
merely a security fix) and the cvs version was renumbered to 22. The
version on your 32-bit machine is the stable release (without the
security fix).

> The try-completion reacts differently to completion-ignore-case.

I can reproduce this behaviour with emacs 21.4 on debian linux and a
pretty recent cvs version on osf/1 respectively. You should look
through the NEWS file of your cvs emacs, or, even better, have a look
in the source code to see what changed.

regards,

anselm