Re: alternative to ECB

From: joerg . schuster
Subject: Re: alternative to ECB
Date: 20 Dec 2005 02:05:08 -0800

Hello again,

unfortunately, the problems have come back. My .emacs.el has the
following lines:

(load-file "~/bin/emacs/var/cedet/cedet-1.0pre3/common/cedet.el")
(setq load-path
      (append '("~/bin/emacs/var"
                "~/bin/emacs/var/ecb/ecb-2.32"
                )
       load-path))
(require 'ecb)

It seems that these lines alone (i.e. without me activating ECB) cause
Emacs to "freeze" when I open my Python program. When an instance of
Emacs "freezes", it doesn't show one single character of the program.
Besides, you cannot type anything. It is not possible to quit Emacs.
Neither is it possible to shut the window in which the Emacs instance
runs. Killing through the program 'kill' is still possible.

Curiously, it is no problem to open other (much smaller) Python
programs.

What could be the problem?

Jörg