Re: How can I move my cursor 80 characters with a key binding?

From: Cameron Desautels
Subject: Re: How can I move my cursor 80 characters with a key binding?
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 00:25:18 -0600

On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 10:08:54PM -0800, Scott Teresi (sent by Nabble.com)
wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to bind a key combination to a function
> which would move the cursor forward about 80 characters (or back 80
> characters). I sometimes type very long lines in emacs and would
> like to be able to navigate through the line quicker than one space
> at a time or one word at a time. Thanks for any advice anyone can
> provide!

Is ``C-u 8 0 C-f'' too long for you?  You do it with a function if you
really wanted to..
--
Cameron Desautels <cam@apt2324.com>

One kill-ring to push them all, and to C-w bind them.
 -- Joe Brenner <doom@kzsu.stanford.edu>, in alt.religion.emacs