Re: ispell gives "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"

From: Jeff D. Hamann
Subject: Re: ispell gives "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:36:52 -0800

So when I added (and I rarely mess with my .emacs file) the following line:

(add-hook 'tex-mode-hook (function (lambda () (setq ispell-parser 'tex))))
(setq ispell-dictionary "C:/ispell/dic/american.hash")
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook (lambda () (flyspell-mode 1)))

;; set something...
(assoc ispell-dictionary ispell-dictionary-alist)

I still got the same results...

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  looking-at(nil)
  ispell-get-word(nil)
  ispell-word(nil nil nil)
* call-interactively(ispell-word)

ugh..... am I doing something totally lame-o or is this a bug?

Jeff.