Re: thesaurus

From: roodwriter
Subject: Re: thesaurus
Date: 30 Dec 2005 21:14:33 -0500

Walter Mitty <mitticus@gmail.com> writes:

> What thesaurus solution do you recommend for english language in
> emacs? The mthesaur solution is ridiculously slow for me and I have no
> idea how to speed it up.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> --
> Snow White's dwarfs become gnomes
>  -- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/4349726.stm
> The world has gone mad.

I couldn't get the mthesaur add-on to work for me either. Instead I just made a
macro to copy the word and then search for it in the Roget's Thesaurus.

For what it's worth.

--Rod
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical Consumers" and
"Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." To reply by e-mail take the second "o" out of
the e-mail address.