Accessing recent file history

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Accessing recent file history
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 14:45:48 +0100

I want to write a small function to open files using iswitchb
functions, using the recent file names list as input. Somewhat similar
to what I do in the following defun:

(defun my-switch-to-bookmark (bname)
  "Interactively switch to bookmark as `iswitchb' does."
  (interactive (list (flet ((iswitchb-make-buflist
                             (default)
                             (require 'bookmark)
                             (setq iswitchb-buflist (bookmark-all-names))))
                       (iswitchb-read-buffer "Jump to bookmark: "))))
  (bookmark-jump bname))

So, I want something exactly like the above, but instead of
`bookmark-jump' I want to use `find-file' and instead of
`bookmark-all-names' I want to get hold of the file history.

The file history that I see in the File -> Open Recently Visited would
be best, but I guess the minibuffer history for `find-file' would work
too.