Re: using aspell with ispell.el

From: kokrhac - Ales MATAS
Subject: Re: using aspell with ispell.el
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:20:43 +0100

I don't precisely remember my steps during instalation of Aspell, but I install it under windows from the package "Aspell-0-50-3-3-Setup.exe"
and I have following setings in my .emacs

(setq-default ispell-program-name "c:/Programs/GNU_Aspell/bin/aspell.exe")

(setq ispell-extra-args '("--sug-mode=fast"))

I only copy new dictionary to \dict directory in installation path of aspell and I swith in emacs either by command 'ispell-change-dictionary'
or I set file local variable ispell-local-dictionary: "czech".

But I remind now one problem ...
This problem probably does not occur with english dictionary. But when I wanted to use czech dictionary I met a problem with encoding. The only solution I have found (but on the other way I am very ... very happy now ;) I tried to use new build
"GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2005-06-26 on NONIQPC"
from nqmacs site.
Than everything started to work without any special modification of dictionaries or settings. I'm using this build more than 3 months without any problem and aspell works also fine.

        Ales Matas
           }I{

Klaus Berndl wrote:
Hi,

is there a sort description how to customize ispell.el so not ispell ut aspell
can be used (incl. using different dictionaries)?

Thanks ain advance!
Klaus