how to make eshell behave more like cmushell?

From: Joakim Verona
Subject: how to make eshell behave more like cmushell?
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:33:05 +0100

I'm used to using cmushell in emacs, but eshell is alluring.

However, there are some problems.

- I want c-p and c-r to behave as in cmushell. That is, I should move
  in the buffer rather than in input history.

the eshell behaviour of c-r is more intuitive than M-r in cmushell
though, so where should I put it? I can rebind it myself, but maybe
someone else already figured out a clever way for this.

- is there some simple way of making the ls colors be the same as in
  cmushell?

I'll be content with RTFM as an answer to these questions, but what
I'm really after are tips for people wanting to use eshell coming from
cmushell, rather from bash or something.

--
Joakim Verona
www.verona.se