Re: next-line + recenter (- redraw frame)?

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: next-line + recenter (- redraw frame)?
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:34:03 GMT

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:43:32 +0100, Ralf Angeli wrote:

> * Peter Tury (2006-03-06) writes:
>> On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:36:30 +0100, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>>
>> (e.g.) <down> doesn't work exactly as normally. I
>> mean e.g. if I go to end of line and then down, then the column is keeped
>> instead of the end of line (as normally).
>
> I don't understand what you mean.
>
> If there are the lines
>
> 1: a
> 2: ab
>
> in a buffer and point is at the end of the first line, calling either
> `next-line' without Scroll Lock mode or `scroll-lock-next-line' will
> have the same result, namely that point will be between "a" and "b" in
> the second line.  `next-line' does not move point to the end of the
> second line as you seem to describe.  But maybe I misunderstood that.

Sorry, my mistake: it works this way only if I set track-eol to t. (And in
this case the difference is what I described.)

>> your minor mode sometimes skips two lines, I don't know why.)
>
> If you send a bug report with a minimal example by means of `M-x
> emacs-report-bug RET' people would have a chance to debug the problem
> and eventually fix it.

Thanks for the info! I may do this. Currently I don't see any rule when
this minor mode does this. If I will see the rule, then I will be able to
send a detailed bug report. Maybe the bug is in my (cvs: emacsW32) emacs?
It seems so if you cannot achieve this functionality since I see it many
times...

Br,