Re: winows emacs - portable app

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: Re: winows emacs - portable app
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 22:48:26 +0200

Ryan Moszynski skrev:
by the way, once i get this worked out and working, i'm going to
present it to the portable app guys, and if they don't want to host
it, I'm at least going to write a tutorial and publish it, somewhere .

It seems surprising to me that no one else has done this yet, or am i
just missing something?

I have been trying to make a portable Emacs myself, but I ran into some of the same problems. It certainly would be nice to have easy-to-use, customized portable Emacs. I certainly can be done; TLC2 (The LaTeX Companion, 2nd edition) contains a ready-to-run XEmacs with direct LaTeX support. I would like to have something similar with Emacs, my .emacs, AUCTeX, and the LaTeX packages I use.

If you get it to work I, at least, would be very interested in either a tutorial or a ready made portable Emacs.

Cheers,
Rasmus