Re: replacing endline

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: replacing endline
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:16:12 +0300

> From: Fredrik Bulow <kaliumfredrik@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 00:43:46 +1000
>
> So once again, what is the good reason that (query-replace "\n" "#")
> behave differenty than calling the same function with its keybinding
> and providing it interactively with the same arguments?

Is that an honest question, meaning that you _really_ don't know why
typing literally 2 characters `\' and `n' at the Emacs prompt doesn't
produce a newline, while the string "\n" does?  Or do you know that,
but are suggesting that the former is a misfeature?

I'm sorry, but with all the fancy talk in this thread, one can no
longer no who sincerely wants to know and who is merely being
facetious.