Re: set up 2 frames in .emacs

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: set up 2 frames in .emacs
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 09:33:04 -0600

B. T. Raven wrote:
In my .emacs I have the form:

(setq initial-frame-alist '((name . "arial") (top . 370) (left . 1) (width
. 163) (height . 17)))

I have recently started using a second frame which I manually create with:

 'new-frame
 'set-frame-font
'set-frame-name

after emacs is loaded.

Is there a way to create another frame in the .emacs that establishes
these three parameters without switching to it? I dont care about its
screen position or size.

(make-frame '((name . "Second Frame")
              (visibility . nil) ; or icon
              (font . "Other Font")))

Do you want the second frame displayed?  If so, what buffer should it
display?

--
Kevin