Re: My emacs (Win XP) hangs (Crashes?)

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: My emacs (Win XP) hangs (Crashes?)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:44:59 +0200

astast69 wrote:
I have always used emacs to develop. Mostly java. The latest year it started
to hangs a lot (25 times a month). And one good reason to use emacs is that
it is stable.... And now, its not.

I have my own .emacs to let me run my projects (executing java inside emacs)
with a single click and I suspect that this is the problem. Im starting java execution with the line. (setq proc (start-process-shell-command "execution" outbuf command))
Where command is like "java -cp x.jar com.myclass"

When rerunning the program I dont do anything special just executing the row
above again (I dont terminating the earlier started proc).

This has worked fine in earlier versions (pre 21.3). But hangs now.

/Anders