german special characters with post-mode (debian etch)

From: Paul Puschmann
Subject: german special characters with post-mode (debian etch)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:05:38 +0200

Dear list-members,

I use mutt as MUA (as you can see) and emacs as the editor.
I call emacs with "emacs -nw -f post-mode" in mutt and I am confident
with this solution.

My only problems are with the german special-characters (Umlaute) that
don't work. I simply can't type them.
When I type the "ue" (or as HTML-Entity: ü) I only get "Shell
command to region" in the status line.

How can I enable these keys?

I switched from Thunderbird to mutt some weeks ago and I am not very
firm in using emacs.

Kind regards, Paul