Re: Emacs TeXInfo mode, reverse search, and Texinfo-generated DVIs?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Emacs TeXInfo mode, reverse search, and Texinfo-generated DVIs?
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 23:05:58 +0200

Charlie Zender <zender@uci.edu> writes:

> Reiner Steib wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 13 2006, Charlie Zender wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone have reverse search working on Texinfo-generated DVIs?
>>
>> WFM, with AUCTeX's texinfo mode.
>
> When I use AUCTeX's texinfo mode I can click on the DVI and it
> will open an emacs window with the source buffer positioned at
> the correct location. What I would like to get working is the
> the reverse, i.e., the ability to stay in my Emacs source buffer
> and execute an Emacs command that causes the DVI to move to the
> location corresponding to the point in the source buffer.
> Do you have that working? If so, please send exact commands.

C-c C-t C-s turns on source special mode, and C-c C-v will kick the
viewer.  Of course, since the default viewer is xdvi, you will have to
change the values in TeX-output-view-style properly so that it will
also kick kdvi.  With luck, just adding the %dS option will work.

It seems backwards to use something like "kdvi-search" in connection
with AUCTeX: AUCTeX has all the necessary tools, hooks and
cranberries.