single function to open utf-16 file?

From: tom . tulinsky
Subject: single function to open utf-16 file?
Date: 10 Jul 2006 10:45:39 -0700

can tell me how to easily open a utf-16 file, or a function for me that
will open a utf-16 file in PC-win32 Emacs 21.3.1? Currently I have to
do

   'C-x C-m c utf-16-le RET' followed by C-x C-f

I have tried to write a function or create a keyboard macro to do this,
but they did not work because

     C-x C-m c (universal-coding-system-argument)

is some kind of special function and demands the next command be
entered from the keyboard.

I want a single elisp function that I can bind to a key.

Thanks.

tt

On Windows XP Pro.