Re: devanagari in emacs-22

From: harry meyers
Subject: Re: devanagari in emacs-22
Date: 13 Aug 2006 03:40:57 -0700

Alok G. Singh schrieb:

> What do you mean don't work ? Did you use the quail method or a
> fontset. If you are using a fontset, try holding S-mouse-1 and
> explicitly selecting the fontset. You can try it with C-h h to verify.

devanagari fonts won't appear. I did the following:
- install both emacs-intlf-fonts and intlfonts
- made both directories known with:

(add-to-list 'bdf-directory-list "/usr/share/emacs/fonts/bdf")
(add-to-list 'bdf-directory-list
"/usr/share/local/emacs/fonts/bdf")

- xset +fp /usr/.... (the first of the above mentioned directories is
not loaded, instead I get this error message: "xset:  bad font path
element (#76), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax"
Don't know why, I installed it per aptitude)
But one of the fonts packages should suffice anyhow.

Now in my hello file I can see some more fonts like Cantonese but no
Indian fonts.

cdacfonts I could not get, because the page is under reconstruction

harry