X commands not forwarding

From: lackita
Subject: X commands not forwarding
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:16:47 -0700 (PDT)

I'm sshing into a computer and wanted to forward the X commands to my desktop
for obvious reasons.  The problem is that it always runs as if it has the
-nox option.  I can get other programs to tunnel, so I know it's not a
problem with my x server.  It's possible that this is a version of emacs
without X capabilities, so could somebody tell me how to check for that as a
starting point.