Re: multiple collapse sections of code?

From: Mickey Ferguson
Subject: Re: multiple collapse sections of code?
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 10:05:15 -0700

"Mathias Dahl" wrote in message news:<ufye4h6q3.fsf@gmail.com>...
> You should try out `outline-minor-mode'. I use it in Java files
> sometimes to hide blocks of code.
>
> For easy access, I have bound new keys to the hide- and show-subtree
> commands:
>
>  (defun my-outline-minor-mode-keys ()
>    (define-key outline-minor-mode-map (kbd "<C-kp-subtract>")
'hide-subtree)
>    (define-key outline-minor-mode-map (kbd "<C-kp-add>")
'show-subtree))

>  (add-hook 'outline-minor-mode-hook 'my-outline-minor-mode-keys)
>
> To use, place point at a opening bracket and type C-kp-substract (that
> is the minus key on the numeric keypad).

Looks interesting.  I wish it would use a plus and minus sign at the far
left, instead of the ellipses right next to the braces.  It would make
it easier to spot, but I could live with that.

Any chance it can be customized to work with other programming
languages?  I frequently work in C++, C#, VB (VB6, not VB.NET), and
InstallShield Script (which is somewhat C-like).  It would be great if I
could get support for some of them as well.  If it was easy to configure
to support other languages, I would be interested in learning how to do
that.

Thanks for the suggestion and help!

Mickey